Saturday, October 04, 2008

John Barrowman is my hero, basically

article-1067288-02E2A54400000578-901_468x480
John Barrowman is my hero! Great article over at the Daily Mail (wonders never cease!) on the Torchwood star.

Fav bit:

'Actually, they couldn't have been better about it. They had a pretty good idea that I was gay, of course. Parents so often do. But I do remember my dad saying to me at the time, "Your mother and I don't discuss what happens in the bedroom with you, so why should you with us?"'

Most touchingly, his parents - deeply Christian churchgoers - publicly defended him against their gay-hating friends, even choosing to leave their church because of its inherently homophobic approach.

'My mother stood up in church once when someone said that all gays should be put on an island and left there. "How dare you," she said. "That is my son you are talking about." My parents walked out. They lost friends. I admire them so much for taking that stand. I never had a problem with being gay, but their acceptance made it so much easier.'

article-1067288-02E2A5B300000578-70_468x367
Plus he's got a great music video! Who knew?