Thursday, July 03, 2008

Christian Bale, ever the gentleman hero

TBH, this is the best Christian Bale article ever. Forget the lamentations on our dear Heath, this hero of mine continues to shine as a thoughtful artist of monumental grace, charm and talent. Bale was my favorite actor as a child, his work in Empire of the Sun saved my life more than once. Yes, likening my childhood to a WW2 work camp isn't a long shot. The courage depicted was fundamental to my survival, knowing Ballard has made it through something quite terrible. Know knowing that the role helped Bale's family tremendously makes even more karmically cool sense.
Christian Bale, Aug 2008 GQ

"Listen, I am a lucky git. To sit here and say, 'You know what, I don't want to work for the next six months,' and then actually be able to do that? I never imaged I would be in that position. It's luck that I am male; luck that I speak English and luck that I am white. Unfortunately, that's the stereotype in the movie buisness; anyone who isn't any of these things would have had a tougher time than I did. - Christian Bale in the new GQ

Also via ONTD, check out this pic of Heath without Joker makeup
heath without joker makeup