Sunday, July 23, 2006

Wilson distraught at Playboy Mansion ban


Wilson distraught at Playboy Mansion ban

Monday, July 17 2006, 14:29 BST - by Susanna Regan

Luke Wilson has revealed that he did not know what to do with himself after being banned from the Playboy Mansion.

The Old School actor attempted to get a friend into a party at the infamous hotspot, but was caught and blacklisted for over a year.

He told WENN: "I got DNA-ed from the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles. That means "do not admit" - that's their special word. I tried to get a friend in and I'd shown up and they said 'Who are you with' and I'm like 'I'm with my brother Owen' and they're like 'We need to see him.'"

The claim left Wilson in a tight spot, as his brother's distinctive features have become unmistakenably recognisable after successful films such as Shanghai Noon and The Wedding Crashers.

He revealed: "It was actually my friend Eckelman, who doesn't look anything like Owen. I was not allowed to go there for a year and a half. I had to make kind of a tearful phone call to Mary, the woman who kind of runs the operation. I said, 'Mary what I did was stupid. It was wrong. Hef's [Hugh Hefner] been so generous to me...' I actually did, I think, cry on the telephone!"