Friday, December 02, 2005

Narnia Music









NEW YORK (Billboard) - Singer/songwriters
Alanis Morissette, Tim Finn,
Imogen Heap and Lisbeth Scott have contributed songs for the soundtrack to "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."


Due December 13 via Walt Disney Records, the set also features 13 tracks of Harry Gregson-Williams' orchestral score to the film version of the C.S. Lewis adventure. The film opens December 9 via Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media.

Morissette contributes the song "Wunderkind," former Split Enz principal Tim Finn adds "Winter Light," and Scott offers "Where," which is exclusive to the soundtrack and does not appear in the film.

As for Heap's "Narnia" contribution, "Can't Take It In," the former Frou Frou singer recently told Billboard.com that it presented something of a challenge for her.

"I got thrown into the studio and had to produce it, mix it, write it and everything in less than... Well, I needed like a year more than I got," she added. "But I managed to somehow pull it out of me, and I finished the song an hour before the Disney girl had to take it. Pretty scary."

BEEN WORRIED THAT SEEING IT WOULD BE LIKE A PASSION OF THE CHRIST MOVE, WHEN I HEARD THEY WERE MARKETING THE FILM TOWARDS CHURCHES SPECIFICALLY...BUT IT WAS ONE OF MY FAV SERIES GROWING UP...