Wednesday, July 09, 2008

And now for something entirely different, Brandi Carlile

I saw Brandi Carlile perform a few weeks ago w/Indigo Girls in Long Beach. It was an amazing show which words could not possibly describe. Great time was had celebrating my friends same sex wedding anniversary and soon to be "legal" marriage, so good I didn't scan the crowd. Would have seen a favorite cousin in the audience with her partner, so cool! The stupid foul atm's broke at the theater so I had nothing for Brandi to sign when she came out and was horrified. I excused myself to the back of the lobby, all stormy inside when she happened to walk by after. Shocked, all I could muster was, "You're cool, great" and a giant smile. She said thanks, smiled and kept going before the crowd turned collective heads to follow. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to watch some tv, but it seemed a bit forward. :D


The Best of Brandi Carlile on YouTube*
How These Days Grow Long (aka that awesome song she does acoustically that may just be the best song of all time)
My FAVORITE, Fall Apart Again (old school, great audio!)
New Song - Dreams
Creep (Radiohead cover) (high quality)
*(Youtube has saved the video revolution with their platform exchange, thank you)

The Song That Got Me First (high quality)