Sunday, June 25, 2006

Swearengen Pissed Deadwood Cancelled

ian mcshane from deadwood

"I thought the whole thing was handled shabbily," the actor says by phone from Los Angeles. "But what the f-, HBO and 'Deadwood' have been very good to me. [The show's] Al Swearengen has been one of the great characters of my career.

"However, I think what's been lost in everybody slapping each other on the back, with a possible two two-hour movies to wrap up the series after this season, is that 'Deadwood' is one of the most acclaimed series on TV. A truly great show. So I was initially shocked. And now I'm sad."

McShane says that the blame for the cancellation will always be like Kurosawa's "Rashomon," three versions of the same story.

"You'll never know what the f- really happened," he says. - read it all at the ny daily news