Tuesday, May 23, 2006

But Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Could Save The World, Family Style!

Jen Aniston
COULD BE BAD BREAK, according to the NYPOST

TRACKING surveys indicate potential audiences aren't overly enthusiastic about "The Break-Up," starring Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston. Hollywood Elsewhere blogger Jeffrey Wells reports, "With only 12 days to go before opening, that means the game is pretty much over." A studio source said Wells "doesn't understand tracking. Looking at 'The Break-Up' compared to 'Mission: Impossible III' or 'The Da Vinci Code,' the numbers look small, but it's apples and oranges. For a romantic comedy, the numbers are very encouraging." Wells says that if "The Break-Up" flops, "not particularly sexy, not perky" Aniston will be 0 for 4 (in the wake of "Derailed," "Rumor Has It" and "Friends With Money"). "Aniston is probably one or two steps away from competing with Helen Hunt for HBO roles," Wells concludes.



I think Brad and Jen still like each other, respect each other and care. Enough to announce the birth of Jolie Pitt baby, the same week as The Break Up opens? Yes, I think so.

Let's see what happens!


Robin Williams' answer when Reader's Digest asked, "You've cycled with Lance Armstrong. What was that like?" Robin: "It's like lap dancing with Angelina Jolie. The first five minutes are amazing, and then she takes off. It's like 'Bye-bye. Bye-bye!' " - Liz Smith at the Post


Foxfire
I always think Hackers, when I consider when I fell for Angelina. But I'm pretty sure it was the movie
Foxfire. I was a huge fan of Oates in high school, and the adaptation was so close to the frentic, mad/crazy/beautiful senses of the book.



Or maybe it was the infamous Maxim article, where she proudly proclaimed her bisexuality...giving me quite the idea!
Angie
Since then I tried to get Angelina to sign one of my tarot cards for YEARS AND YEARS. Like I went to premieres and invited her to events and all that. One time I ended up right next to her on a red carpet, and had forgotten my cards. Yeah, that sucked.

But she was rather nice looking in person, even if she is a wee bit smaller than you'd think (she came up to right above my shoulder...mmmhmm, I was that close).

Years later I got to dance with Jenny while filming a spot on a QueerTV talk show. She was still so freaking hot.