Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pink for Best Album of 2006, I kid you not


Pink
Originally uploaded by _Faith.


Melodic and catchy to a fault, this is her best album yet.
Listening to I'm Not Dead is like finding a $20 dollar bill on the street.

FAVS:
The revelatory bittersweet, "Dear Mr. President" (feat. Indigo Girls) IS AMAZING.
What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away
And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay
I can only imagine what the first lady has to say
You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine


Xtina's last album, Stripped had quite a few songs regarding traumatic childhood, but I like Pink's soft exploration, with rousing strings. The only word that springs to mind? Triumphant. "Conversations With My 13 Year Old Self"
Come over here and let me hold your hand and hug you darling
I promise you that it won't always feel this bad
There are so many things I want to say to you
You're the girl I used to be
You little heartbroken thirteen year old me

Lyrically I think she still has room to grow, but she's getting better; the hooks, voice and raw strength are there and it's good to feel.

"Fingers" is the best song Garbage never sang! Seriously well crafted sexy hot frakkin song!
When it’s late at night and you’re fast asleep
I let my fingers do the walking
I press record
I become a fiend
And no one else is watching