Thursday, February 02, 2006

WOW, AN OPENLY GAY ACTOR?


ericmillegan
Originally uploaded by _Faith.


TVGuide.com: Actors are always complaining that Hollywood is ageist. Does it scare you to be so open about your age when you could pass for someone much younger?

Millegan: That's one thing that I am really proud of. When I got here people were telling me to lie about my age and my sexual orientation — I'm gay. But I didn't hide either one and I still got a show — and I got a straight role. In fact, every role I auditioned for was straight.

TVGuide.com: Zack does seem to love the ladies. In fact, he seems to have a major crush on his boss, Bones.

Millegan: There is certainly something there.

TVGuide.com: Think maybe she'll end up with Zack instead of David Boreanaz's FBI agent?

Millegan: That would be something! Zack's definitely not in a relationship. In the episode "A Boy in a Tree," he asked the gang for sexual advice because he had slept with Naomi in paleontology but she never called him back.

TVGuide.com: Were you ever as geeky as your TV alter ego?

Millegan: I don't know. I never considered myself a nerd, but others may have. I performed in community theater and was valedictorian of my high school. Does that make me a geek?

TVGuide.com: Definitely. You've done theater your whole life. Do you miss the stage?


Millegan: Yeah, but TV is so much easier. When you do a show, especially a musical, you wake up every morning terrified that your voice won't work. On stage, the audience sees everything. On Bones, I look into the camera and talk. If I mess up, they'll edit it out. Also, TV is way, way, way better paying.

TVGuide.com: What's the feeling on the set regarding Bones' new schedule?

Millegan: Originally, we were supposed to have the Tuesday slot after American Idol that helped make House a hit. I don't want to speak for everybody else in the cast but we were disappointed when we lost that. Oh wait, I did just speak for everybody else. But even though we're on Wednesdays, I still think there's room for our show. We have that American Idol "muscle" before us. That's going to get us more viewers, especially all those people who can't find their remote controls.
Read it All