Sunday, December 18, 2005

Go Viggo, Go Viggo


Viggo Mortensen has defended his recent description of George Bush as a
"beast" in the wake of the Hurricane Katrina disaster. The Lord of the Rings
star clarified his remarks to Progressive magazine, explaining:

"I'm not anti-Bush, I'm anti-Bush behaviour. In other words I'm against cheating, greed, hypocrisy, cruelty, racism, imperialism, religious fundamentalism,
treason and the seemingly limitless capacity for hypocrisy shown by Bush and
his administration." He added, "I hope the beast falls down soon."

Read the interview at Progressive Magazine online

A bit more...

Q: You have a lot of interests outside acting. You’re a photographer, a poet, a musician, a painter, and a publisher. If, for some bizarre reason, you had to choose just one medium in which to express yourself, what would it be?

Mortensen: That’s like saying would you rather lose your eyesight, your hearing, or your ability to speak. I would rather not even think about it. I pursue the things I do because I’m interested in them. And I’m grateful for the opportunities I’ve had, putting one foot in front of the other.

Once I saw him at the best Cuban restaurant in Venice, I looked over and he smiled and seemed very inviting. Didn't want to introduce myself to him as he at though, his poetry is sweet and all his endeavors pretty much impress me...